At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
A day in the office for a QA Automation Engineer:
- Work within a cross-functional team, focusing on analyzing and improving the requirements;
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies;
- Review and clarify artifacts;
- Be the test automation driver within the team;
- Align with the team to define which tests are suitable for automation;
- Code automated tests;
- Help engineers in pinpointing issues that are observed throughout our product and deliver solutions that will help solving them;
- Provide a good description on the bugs/issues to developers;
- Work with Support and Customer Success teams to identify high-impact bugs and coordinate fixes with them.
- At least two years of experience in the field;
- At least one year of experience in test automation with technologies such as Selenium, Cucumber or equivalent;
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery tools such as Jenkins or equivalent;
- Knowledge in User Stories analysis;
- Ability to identify risks from business requirements;
- Experience in identifying test scenarios;
- Creativity & out-of-the-box thinking;
- Be able to work as a team player and to synergize with other teams;
- English Proficiency;
- Degree in Computer Science or similar area of study;
- Experience working under Agile environments;
- ISTQB Foundation Certification;
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.