At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
Talkdesk is currently looking for a QA Automation Engineer to work with our Engineering, Product, Support and Customer Success teams and to have the responsibility to keep our platform and services working at full steam. For this particular role, you’ll need to have a good knowledge of how each team works and how they interact with one another.
A day in the office for a QA Automation Engineer:
- Working as part of a cross-functional engineering team with a single, shared team goal;
- Participating in SCRUM ceremonies, improving user stories and acceptance criteria;
- Breaking stuff or figuring out how it was broken, then assist in reporting it with plenty of useful info (images, logs, videos, scripts, etc);
- Automating (and enabling the automation of) test scenarios with focus on long-term Continuous Delivery;
- Contributing to test frameworks and tools, and proudly sharing your work with the community at large (not just your project & team, but overall Talkdesk engineering or even open-source projects);
- Work with Support and Customer Success team to assess and coordinate fixes with the engineering team.
- Able to identify business risks & contribute to user story definition;
- Experience in defining and reviewing Test Cases & Plans;
- Creativity and thinking out-of-the-box. Standard QA processes won’t always work at Talkdesk;
- Experience with one or more test tools & frameworks (ex: Selenium Webdriver, cypress, WebdriverIO, Robot Framework, etc);
- Team player mentality, actively cooperating with both engineering and non-engineering colleagues;
- C1 or equivalent level of English Proficiency.
Nice to have:
- Degree in Computer Science or similar area of study;
- Experience working in SCRUM environments;
- Practical experience with web testing or development;
- Experience with TDD, BDD / Gherkin;
- ISTQB Foundation Certification;
- Knowledge or experience with pipelines, Jenkins, and CI / CD processes.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.