Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) is the unit responsible for the Contact Center part of the business. From the Agent interfaces to the routing core, from the dialing machinery to digital channels, everything is working together to connect the user to a great experience and provide the best service.
Serving thousands of contact center Agents from around the world, supporting hundreds of thousands of customers in different industries and carrying on millions of interactions per year, CCaaS is the beating heart of Talkdesk’s modern, cloud-based, distributed contact center.
It doesn’t matter if it's a support request, a sales contact or a special campaign, CCaaS has everything covered.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join our team. You will join a team of passionate, talented engineers that are building innovative products that are used by our customers eight hours a day, five days a week.
You will be a people manager:
- In this role, you will be an engineering leader that knows how to get the best from his team, while inspiring them every single day.
- You will have to manage large teams with direct report from engineering managers, developers, QA’s and other senior management roles;
- You will have to ensure strategic planning and introduce planning and processes to meet company goals.
- You will be a team player and a motivator, so that when we ask your engineers, they will tell us that they love working for your organization.
- You will manage the budget and the recruitment pipeline in a dynamic and methodical way.
- You will participate in the company's strategy and governance by reporting your opinions and decisions to the Senior Engineering Director.
You will be responsible for delivering the best solutions/product and:
- You thrive in a fast-paced iterative engineering environment.
- You have a track record of succeeding in a rapid release environment.
- You understand the importance of testing and quality, and evangelize your managers and your teams.
- You will also reinforce the importance of Scrum and agile projects
- You believe in measurement and taking action based on data, and your decisions are always thought rationally.
You will be a team player:
- You will manage and cultivate the relationship with other engineering directors and product managers.
- And together with other engineering directors you will be responsible for creating the best delivery strategy, the best teams and the best products.
- Bachelor degree in engineering.
- Solid experience in managing Engineering Teams.
- Excel at planning, creating large teams and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability.
- Demonstrate a track record of managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development. You inspire your team to reach higher.
- Experience implementing tools, processes, internal instrumentation, methodologies and resolving blockages.
- Comfortable managing teams and projects with tight deadlines and short release cycles.
- Track record of implementing automatic testing and delivering exceptional quality in a high reliability environment.
- Passionate about developing, coaching and mentoring your team.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.