In the Unified Communications Business Unit you will find a welcoming, motivated, and collaborative team environment. We thrive to improve & innovate with every product release and customer integration, and have fun while getting better.
Our unit is responsible for the UCaaS & CPaaS products at Talkdesk including carrier management and voice integrations. Our focus is on building a global voice network that has maximum uptime, global reach, and excellent voice quality.
We envision business communications to be easy and uncomplicated to deploy and use. And to bring customer care & back-office teams together in a seamless and frictionless way.
At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Kanban, Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from the position and we always treat others with respect, deference, and patience.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you would join a new project within Talkdesk and collaborate with other experienced software developers building the backend infrastructure for one of our new products.
Are you ready for your next challenge!?
- Work independently as well as in small teams to develop the best product on the market
- Implement a scalable, stable, and user-friendly product that can handle our current growth
- Collaborate with experienced software engineers in the design, development and maintenance stages of the Talkdesk product
- Collaborate with our support engineers and customer support representatives to understand our customers' needs, enhance Talkdesk usability and resolve technical issues
- Work well in a modern agile software engineering environment (with source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment)
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day; see an immediate impact of your work and value you created for customers
- At least 2 years as a Software engineer with experience in software development and TDD
- Top-notch programming skills, ability to produce quality code that is maintainable, efficient, reliable and secure
- Be fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
- Good written and spoken English
Nice to haves / Pluses:
- Familiar with Erlang, Git, AWS, VoiP, SIP, Networking, message brokers
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, or an engineering-related field
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
What we offer:
- Opportunity to learn, be challenged and try new things
- Contribute with new ideas and challenge the status quo
- Have a true and meaningful purpose
- Work in a product with great impact and that will be the core of Unified Communications at Talkdesk
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.