At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
In the Unified Communications Business Unit you will find a welcoming, motivated, and collaborative team environment. We thrive to improve & innovate with every product release and customer integration, and have fun while getting better.
Our unit is responsible for the UCaaS & CPaaS products at Talkdesk including carrier management and voice integrations. Our focus is on building a global voice network that has maximum uptime, global reach, and excellent voice quality.
We envision business communications to be easy and uncomplicated to deploy and use. And to bring customer care & back-office teams together in a seamless and frictionless way.
- Work independently as well as in small teams to develop the best product on the market
- Implement a scalable, stable, and user-friendly product that can handle our current growth
- Collaborate with experienced software engineers in the design, development and maintenance stages of the Talkdesk product
- Collaborate with our support engineers and customer support representatives to understand our customers' needs, enhance Talkdesk usability and resolve technical issues
- Work well in a modern agile software engineering environment (with source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment)
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day; see an immediate impact of your work and value you created for customers
- Software engineering background with experience in OO programming and TDD
- Top-notch programming skills, ability to produce quality code that is maintainable, efficient, reliable and secure
- Be fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
- Good written and spoken English
Nice to haves / Pluses:
- Familiar with Kotlin, Ruby, Git, RabbitMQ, Redis and/or MongoDB
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, or an engineering-related field
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.