At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
The Platform as a Service (PaaS) BU aims to provide scalable, secure and reliable platform products and solutions that support all Talkdesk solutions, either internally or as a service for external use by partners.
We the coaches envision Agility in PaaS as a highly dynamic learning organization, sustained on its knowledge creation network.
Our mission is maximize connections between Teams and Persons, to leverage the acquisition and transfer of knowledge and skills.
We guide ourselves in a daily basis with the following principles:
- Visualisation is worth one thousand words
- Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
- The art of communication lies in listening.
- Facilitation is a driver for business success
- Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile thinking, agile values, agile practices, and collaboration.
- Our coaches help new teams kickoff and existing teams to constantly improve their ways of working, and help teams to improve their work using data driven analysis, via metrics, trends and dashboards.
- Our coaches are an active part of the team's ceremonies and create custom workshops for deep dives in specific topics. Our coaches must be savvy facilitators for remote workshops involving many people.
- Our senior coaches work with development teams and also with the leadership group. Our junior coaches are assigned to suitable teams in order to learn their craft in the trenches. Our Senior Coaches mentor Junior Coaches as a part of their own growth, and the sustainability of the team.
- Our coaches are Change Agents who know that teams learn via experience and experimentation.
- PaaS is a large business unit, and still growing. Our coaches need some experience with scaling teams and processes during growth, balancing the autonomy and personal experience with the needs for managing value delivery across many teams. Experience in a hyper-growth company will be helpful.
- Our coaches work alongside managers, sharing goals and collaborating on the best approaches for each team to manage its work and deliver value.
- We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
- An Agile Coach with enthusiasm and passion for agile principles.
- An Agile Coach who thinks about the people in first place.
- An Agile Coach who is able to explain agility to my manager.
- An Agile Coach who feels comfortable to play any role from a priest to Jim Carrey.
- An Agile Coach whose middle name is Agent and last name is Change, Change Agent (001).
- So now, are you ready to slice this user story with us?
- If you accept the challenge, bring your toolkit with a lot of facilitation, mentoring, coaching and humility.
We value people with:
- Dreams about high performing teams every night
- Positive attitude
- Energy to spread all over the office
- “Retrospective” as their second name
- 改善 tattoo
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.