At Talkdesk, Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) is the unit responsible for the Contact Center part of the business. From the Agent interfaces to the routing core, from the dialing machinery to digital channels, everything is working together to connect the user to a great experience and provide the best service.
Serving thousands of contact center Agents from around the world, supporting hundreds of thousands of customers in different industries and carrying on millions of interactions per year, CCaaS is the beating heart of Talkdesk’s modern, cloud-based, distributed contact center.
It doesn’t matter if it's a support request, a sales contact or a special campaign, CCaaS has everything covered.
- Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile thinking, agile value, agile practices, and collaboration. Most of our teams follow the Scrum framework, and about one-third use Kanban.
- Our teams use JIRA extensively, along with wikis in Confluence, and our coaches need to be savvy with every aspect of these tools.
- Our coaches help new teams kickoff and existing teams to constantly improve their ways of working.
- Our coaches are an active part of the team ceremonies that they find are necessary for each team, each week, and create custom workshops for deep dives in specific topics. Our coaches must be savvy facilitators for remote workshops involving many people. Zoom and Miro skills are important.
- Our senior coaches work with many teams inside of their assigned cluster, and also with the Engineering Director, Managers, Technical Advisors, and Product Managers related to that same cluster. Our junior coaches are assigned 1-3 teams to focus on while they learn their craft.
- Our coaches create dashboards in jira for our teams, and use Actionable Agile, to help teams learn about how to improve their work via metrics and trends.
- Our coaches work with the teams as a group, and also may hold one-on-ones with team members to focus on specific topics relevant to their role within the team. Team dynamics and engaged team members are known to improve teamwork and happiness, and our coaches are there to help make this happen.
- Our coaches are Change Managers who know that teams learn via experience and experimentation. The coaches know that change must be tackled in steps so that adoption ‘sticks’. The coaches know that teams want some autonomy in determining both HOW to work together and WHEN they will take on a change in process, and that this must be balanced with the larger agreements across teams that enable consistent reporting and tracking of our overall product and releases.
- Our Senior Coaches also mentor Junior Coaches as a part of their own growth, and the sustainability of the team.
- CCaaS is a large business unit, and still growing. Our coaches need some experience with scaling teams and processes during growth, balancing the autonomy and personal experience with the needs for managing value delivery across many teams. Experience in a hyper-growth company will be helpful.
- CCaaS has Engineering Managers with line responsibility for several teams. Our coaches work alongside these managers, sharing goals and collaborating on the best approaches for each team to manage its work and deliver value.
- We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
- An Agile Coach with enthusiasm and passion for agile principles.
- An Agile Coach who thinks about the people in first place.
- An Agile Coach who is able to explain agility to my manager.
- An Agile Coach who feels comfortable to play any role from a priest to Jim Carrey.
- An Agile Coach who can just look at the team’s jira board and find 3 things to improve.
- An Agile Coach who can sit in one a daily standup or a retrospective and find several things to improve.
- So now, are you ready to slice this user story with us?
- If you accept the challenge, bring your toolkit with a lot of facilitation, mentoring, coaching and humility.
We value people with:
- Dreams about high performing teams every night
- Positive attitude
- Energy to spread all over the office
- “Retrospective” as their second name
- 改善 tattoo
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.