As a Training and Development Manager in Talkdesk's Technical Support team, you will be responsible for the global training curriculum within the support organization and will be responsible for setting up new learning activities, change processes and roll them out across globally. You will play a key role in building a great and consistent global service experience for our customers.
- Create and execute learning strategies and programs to help our employees advance their skills and knowledge in order to improve overall performance.
- Liaise with Support managers / leads to identify and assess training and development needs, on an individual and on a department level, while developing continuous training programs aligned to those needs.
- Plan, organize and oversee appropriate training by working closely not only with the Support team but also with any other relevant stakeholders to determine further training needs, objectives and curriculum to support operational initiatives.
- Actively search, creatively design and implement effective training materials and methods to educate and enhance performance by utilizing a variety of media.
- Work on the existing Onboarding curriculum and enhance how Onboarding to new hires within the Support organization is being delivered.
- Present training programs intended to motivate, challenge and strengthen staff aligned with organizational and business needs.
- Produce reports for the mandatory programs based on agreed requirements and share with key stakeholders.
We are looking for:
- English proficiency (C1/C2) is mandatory. Additional languages are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field. Professional certification (e.g. CCP / CAP) is a plus
- A minimum of five years of experience designing and implementing employee development programs.
- Current knowledge and experience with learning management system's / e-learning platforms, relevant processes, practices and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills (written / verbal) and the ability to convey information clearly and concisely.
- Strong cross-functional skills
- Outstanding organizational skills