At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
Talkdesk is seeking a highly qualified Accounting Manager for the international Accounting team. Reporting to the International Accounting Senior Manager, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual close of Talkdesk international subsidiaries. The successful candidate must have a strong understanding of US GAAP, in terms of accounting standards and reporting requirements, foreign currency reporting, inter-company accounting, ERPS systems and data mapping as well as strong interpersonal skills to ensure a highly effective close process for an international group. As this role will have direct reports, this person will be required to effectively manage, develop and evaluate personnel.
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual close process of Talkdesk international subsidiaries (based in EMEA and APAC regions).
- Responsible for reviewing the completeness and accuracy of balance sheet and income statement accounts at a trial balance level.
- Manages month-end close activities, including assurance of accurate and timely results.
- Oversees the analysis and reporting of accounting data for both external reporting and internal Management decision making/analysis.
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems, procedures and policies.
- Participates in annual audits and special projects.
- Works with external consultants or auditors to provide required information and ensure proper recordkeeping for historical purposes.
- Drives change and ensures scaling of operation through automation, work assessment and process improvement.
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and remuneration of team members.
- Reviews and approves payroll before payments.
- Is part of the international expansion team and helps establish a group presence in new locations.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum BA Degree required in Accounting, Business or Economics.
- 8+ years in Accounting and/or Financial Audit required.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and reporting requirements and how that translates to building a chart of accounts and managing transactional activity is required.
- Previous experience managing and building a successful team.
- Experience with international accounting teams is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across the organisation and “roll-up the sleeves” in order to accomplish all necessary tasks.
- Ability to provide clear communication, strong coordination, project planning and project prioritisation skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft tools (e.g. Excel, Word).
- Experience with an ERP is required.
- Experience with Netsuite ERP is strongly preferred.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.