At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk takers; we don't follow a traditional way of doing things, and we will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences and exceeds customer expectations. From humble beginnings - born from a hackathon in 2011 - to becoming one of the fastest-growing and most well-respected companies in the world, Talkdesk is revolutionizing the contact center industry. With more than $124 million in funding and 1,800+ customers, we are a bold, ambitious hyper-growth company on a journey unlike any other. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
- Support Talent Acquisition team members throughout the recruitment lifecycle;
- Manage sourcing process for Engineering and Non-Engineering roles from end-to-end;
- Keep up-to-date on tech candidate market and represent Talkdesk Talent Team;
- Be the first point of contact for candidates - identify and contact qualified candidates for the open roles;
- Ensure the best candidate experience and update the database (ATS);
- Be part of Talent Team initiatives such as Recruitment Events and Meetups.
- Degree in HR, Management, Social Sciences or similar area;
- Good communication skills - fluent in English and Portuguese;
- Be aware of sourcing techniques (e.g. recruiting on social platforms and crafting Boolean search strings);
- Strong ability in understanding role and candidate requirements
- Ability to deliver results at short notice by being highly organized and proactive;
- Ability to succeed in an environment with competing demands.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.