Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win in 2011 and has since become one of the fastest-growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled billions of customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,800+ customers from IBM, Acxiom, Discovery Education, and Peloton, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
Would you like to join one of the fastest growing startups in San Francisco? Do you want an opportunity to build out end-to-end highly available cloud infrastructure and work with other world class engineers? Talkdesk – a recent DEMO Traction Award Winner – is the world’s leading browser-based call center software solution. We have awesome investors, a superb team and we’re looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer that will help with build out, automation and monitoring of our world class infrastructure on top of AWS.
We're looking for skilled software engineers to join a team of amazing developers that is completely disrupting an industry. If you're interested in any of the roles we've posted above please submit your application. We're currently evaluating locations that are suitable for future recruitment events in Brazil and you can be one of the select few to join our team!
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our cloud-based systems
- Automate, automate, automate
- Devise strategies to scale and harden our application, and all supporting services
- Create and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Troubleshoot and optimize high availability and performance issues
- Develop our Chef configuration management environment
- Aid the development team with tools and services to enhance productivity
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years experience in Infrastructure Engineer role
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, or an engineering-related field preferred
- Solid coding/scripting skills
- Experience leading large scale, multi-data center Linux based cloud-based SaaS offerings on Amazon AWS
- Understanding and experience with scalable, cloud-based solutions (Amazon, Heroku)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Consul, Vault, Jenkins, Consource, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Nexus, Terraform
- Demonstrated experience in Linux/Unix Administration
- Possess the knack for staying on the leading edge of modern web app development
- Solid understanding of the full computer stack - storage, networking, OS, virtualization, configuration management and provisioning
- Experience administering, tuning and scaling RabbitMQ/other message frameworks
- Operational knowledge of the big relational databases (PostgRES, Redshift, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra)
- Experience with Git or similar distributed version control systems is required as well experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment techniques
- Automation oriented
- Excellent written, verbal, and conversational communication skills
- Strong focus on business outcomes
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with Ruby/Rails/MongoDB web application stack
- Must be well versed in writing automation using Chef, Puppet or other SCM tools
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.