At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk takers; we don't follow a traditional way of doing things, and we will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences and exceeds customer expectations. From humble beginnings - born from a hackathon in 2011 - to becoming one of the fastest-growing and most well-respected companies in the world, Talkdesk is revolutionizing the contact center industry. With more than $124 million in funding and 1,800+ customers, we are a bold, ambitious hyper-growth company on a journey unlike any other. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
- Use writing expertise and attention to detail to create and maintain high-quality technical documentation.
- Explain complex information in a clear and concise manner to ensure internal team and end-user success.
- Work alongside internal technical and product teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and ensure the accuracy of product descriptions and troubleshooting processes.
- Drive the development of product documentation for Talkdesk, managing all aspects of its process: from planning to creation and content maintenance.
- Act as a customer advocate in oversight of content production and delivery, ensuring the content meets the needs of customers and is highly available to them.
- Incorporate a variety of techniques such as screenshots, GIFs, diagrams, charts or videos to increase users’ understanding or provide training.
- Seek ways to improve documentation processes and content, and to simplify the customer interaction with the product suite, providing product improvement recommendations to drive ease of use.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, Education, Communications or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of basic technologies like cloud computing and SaaS.
- Possess a strong desire to learn new technologies, the curiosity to figure out how things work, and a passion for improving the customer experience.
- Be able to research, develop, write, and edit effective customer-oriented documentation
- Previous experience working in an agile environment a plus.
- Be highly organized with acute attention to detail in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable and actionable in text and pictures by multiple audiences.
- Experience using documentation tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content.
- Manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Be able to self-direct, multi-task, and prioritize assignments.
- Be able to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.