Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win in 2011 and has since become one of the fastest-growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled billions of customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,800+ customers from IBM, Acxiom, Discovery Education, and Peloton, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
Do you love APIs, databases, messaging and open source? Do you crave for great challenges that will make you feel awesome once you solve them?
We're looking for world-class software engineers to join a team of amazing developers that is completely disrupting an industry.
- Work independently as well as in small teams to develop the best product on the market
- Coach and up-skill other engineering team members
- Implement a scalable, stable, and user-friendly product that can handle our current growth
- Collaborate with our support engineers and customer support representatives to understand our customers' needs, enhance Talkdesk usability and resolve technical issues
- Engage with the Product team and other engineering teams in the cluster to help to ensure the solutions the team is building is fulfilling all the requirements
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day; see an immediate impact of your work and value you created for customers
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, or an engineering area
- 7+ years experience with design and development of large-scale web applications
- Passion for producing clean, standards-compliant, secure code
- Deep understanding of the design and development of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA, API)
- DevOps/PaaS Experience (Git, CI, Heroku, AWS)
- Experience with at least one relational and non-relational databases (ex: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Experience scaling global web applications
- Advocate for automated testing, continuous integration and dark launches
- OO programming and TDD
Nice to have / Pluses:
- Familiar with Git, RabbitMQ, Redis or MongoDB
- Experience in other languages like Kotlin, Elixir, Java, Python
- Experience in working with a globally distributed team
- Experience in the Agile development methodology/Scrum
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.