As the Manager of Tax you will be part of the Finance Team in our Lisbon office. If you are looking for your next step on your professional career, this is the right opportunity:
At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk takers; we don't follow a traditional way of doing things, and we will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences and exceeds customer expectations. From humble beginnings - born from a hackathon in 2011 - to becoming one of the fastest-growing and most well-respected companies in the world, Talkdesk is revolutionizing the contact center industry. With more than $124 million in funding and 1,800+ customers, we are a bold, ambitious hyper-growth company on a journey unlike any other. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
- Manage Portugal tax compliance and prepare tax filings
- Manage VAT Compliance and prepare VAT filings
- Assist in the compilation and review of statutory accounts according to Portugal GAAP principles
- Assist in the compilation and review of management accounts according to U.S. GAAP principles
- Prepare a reconciliation between statutory and management accounts
- Manage Inter-company transactions and reconciliations
- Assist with both PT statutory and US GAAP management audits
- Coordinate month-end closing responsibilities with PT Accounting team, FP&A, International Accounting team, and Corporate Accounting team.
- Contribute as a member of the Global Tax Strategy
- Advise Portugal Management team of financial and tax issues
- Perform variance analysis in account fluctuations
- General Ledger bookings (Accruals/Prepayments/Fixed Assets) and assist month-end/year-end close processes
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies and procedures
- Ad hoc assignments/responsibilities as applicable
- TOC certification required (Técnico Oficial de Contas, and must be registered in “Ordem dos Contabilistas Certificados”)
- Strong accounting & tax background (4+ years of experience with tax)
- Knowledge and experience with both Portugal & U.S. GAAP
- University Degree in Accounting, Tax, Economics or Finance
- Analytical skills and high attention to details
- You must be a collaborative person and a team player who will support the team
- You are a person with strong interpersonal and communication skills in English language, including excellent written, oral, listening and presentational skills and ability to work well under pressure and interact at all levels are also required
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.