As the Billing Operations Manager, you will be part of the Billing Operations Team in our Lisbon office. In this role, you will be an expert in all things related to customer billings. This is a deadline driven role in our accounting team. The ideal candidate will have experience with billing large volumes of transactions with a high level of accuracy and managing a team within Finance. You are a problem solver who thrives off a fast-paced environment where new customers, business verticals and operational processes are being introduced every day.
At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk takers; we don't follow a traditional way of doing things, and we will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences and exceeds customer expectations. From humble beginnings - born from a hackathon in 2011 - to becoming one of the fastest-growing and most well-respected companies in the world, Talkdesk is revolutionizing the contact center industry. With more than $124 million in funding and 1,800+ customers, we are a bold, ambitious hyper-growth company on a journey unlike any other. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
- Oversees and streamlines the day-to-day billing operation and processes, administration to ensure execution and timeline are met.
- Manages escalated billing issues, communicating with customers in a timely, effective manner to expedite the billing.
- Understands the needs, collaborates and supports of our Billing team and other cross-functional teams across the company globally including Sales, Sales Operations, Order Management, Professional Services, Customer Success, Revenue, Support, and Product teams.
- Help drive accuracy and operational excellence in the Billing team by identifying opportunities for process and system improvements based on review of current processes
- Develops and documents controls and procedures surrounding the quote to cash process and assessment of the best billing system for the business today.
- Customer-facing activities: dealing with customer interactions related to billing, including preparing any billing setups or customer compliance forms, responding to customer billing questions or escalations and following up with accounts with past due balances.
- Month-end activities: Prepare month-end billing reports and analysis for management.
- Internal controls: Support accounting team’s commitment to a timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with US GAAP and the Company’s internal controls.
- Special projects: Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred in Business, Accounting, or Finance).
- At least 2 years of progressive billing operations experience.
- At least 2 years of experience as a manager in the Finance field.
- Demonstrated mastery and experience in operations or process improvement; Process efficiency approach to everything and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English language, including excellent written, oral, listening and presentational skills and ability to work well under pressure and interact at all levels are also required.
- Teamwork is essential to the group, so it is critical that the candidate interact with other team members and manages collaboratively and effectively.
- Some knowledge of Zuora. NetSuite ERP system experience with emphasis on AR Module, preferred. Working knowledge of Salesforce. Advanced computer skills and Intermediate Microsoft Excel.
- Software or SaaS experience preferred.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.