At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
Do you love APIs, databases, messaging and open source? Do you crave for great challenges that will make you feel awesome once you solve them?We're looking for world-class software engineers to join a team of amazing developers that is completely disrupting an industry.
- Work independently as well as in small teams to develop the best product on the market
- Coach and up-skill other engineering team members
- Implement a scalable, stable, and user-friendly product that can handle our current growth
- Collaborate with our support engineers and customer support representatives to understand our customers' needs, enhance Talkdesk usability and resolve technical issues
- Engage with the Product team and other engineering teams in the cluster to help to ensure the solutions the team is building is fulfilling all the requirements
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day; see an immediate impact of your work and value you created for customers
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, or an engineering area
- 5+ years experience with design and development of large-scale web applications
- Passion for producing clean, standards-compliant, secure code
- Deep understanding of the design and development of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA, API);
- DevOps/PaaS Experience (Git, CI, Heroku, AWS)
- Experience with at least one relational and non-relational databases (ex: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Experience scaling global web applications
- Advocate for automated testing, continuous integration and dark launches
- OO programming and TDD
Nice to have / Pluses:
- Familiar with Git, RabbitMQ, Redis or MongoDB
- Experience in other languages like Kotlin, Elixir, Java, Python
- Experience in working with a globally distributed team
- Experience in the Agile development methodology/Scrum
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.