This role involves enhancing our order to cash operations, including partnering with stakeholders such as Deal Desk, Sales, Legal, and Sales Operations. The Director of Revenue Accounting is expected to work effectively with team members within Accounting and across departments to effect changes and complete special projects required as part of company-wide goals and objectives.
At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk takers; we don't follow a traditional way of doing things, and we will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences and exceeds customer expectations. From humble beginnings - born from a hackathon in 2011 - to becoming one of the fastest-growing and most well-respected companies in the world, Talkdesk is revolutionizing the contact center industry. With more than $124 million in funding and 1,800+ customers, we are a bold, ambitious hyper-growth company on a journey unlike any other. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
- Oversee revenue monthly close procedures to ensure timely and accurate closing of the books for internal and external reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SOX requirements.
- Manage a team of revenue accountants reporting into you.
- Ensure revenue for all customer contracts are accurately recorded in accordance with ASC 606.
- Lead order to cash process improvements to streamline and scale our existing financial systems and operations to support the next phase of company growth.
- Liaise with our external auditors for the quarterly reviews and year-end audits, including discussing technical revenue accounting issues and internal control findings.
- Analyze and synthesize trends in data and information to identify risks and requirements for additional processes and procedures.
- Maintain great relationships with business partners (Deal Desk, Sales, Legal, and Sales Operations) and accounting peers to address accounting and operational needs.
- Instill/support a culture of high-quality work, team collaboration and continuous improvement, including providing mentorship and coaching.
- A bachelor’s degree related to accounting/finance or equivalent experience
- Experience with Enterprise SaaS business models
- 5+ years of related experience, including experience in either revenue recognition, revenue operations or finance operations
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing teams
- Revenue recognition experience in a technology company, including ASC 606
- Experience building new capabilities and process optimization
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations and influence outcomes
- Excellent team building and leadership skills with a focus on continual development, performance, accountability and self-motivation
- Strong negotiation and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data including presentations to senior management
- Track record of achieving results with a strong sense of ownership and follow-through
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to interact upward and cross functionally and manage a large team
- Confidence in researching technical accounting literature and SEC guidance and drafting accounting memorandums
- Ability to motivate, engage, and develop teammates to reach maximum potential
- Experience with customer contracts with multiple performance obligations
- Knowledge of NetSuite, Zuora, and Salesforce systems
- Interest in understanding how IT systems and workflows are designed
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.