At Talkdesk, We disruptive risk-takers don't have a traditional way of doing things and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
Reporting into the SVP of Finance, the Director of Procurement will play a comprehensive role building out procurement strategies, implementing processes, working with functional leaders on prioritizing and executing their purchasing needs, negotiating with suppliers, and receiving the optimal products and services at the best prices. This person is an influencer, a hard negotiator, and a collaborator, They are also process oriented, strong with systems, and very analytical. The positive financial impact of this role will not only come from the purchasing process itself, but also from assessing existing products and services and proactively recommending and implementing changes.
- Set strategy, define process, and own sourcing and procurement globally with emphasis on software licensing, consulting and third party agreements, IT and office equipment, leases, and events contracts
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to identify and capture business requirements and set negotiation strategies in order to optimize cost and risk objectives
- Support all aspects of the strategic sourcing process, including RFx, vendor evaluations, risk assessment, and commercials negotiations to ensure the best outcome
- Perform research and analytics around internal redundancies (especially software), vendor pricing and discounting practices, internal adoption and usage to identify areas of opportunity for eliminating, streamlining, consolidating, and reducing spend
- Ensure compliance with procurement, accounting, legal and info security standards. Partner closely with info sec team
- Work with finance and the business to set and update procurement and compliance policies and drive and enforce adoption throughout the global employee base
- Continuous improvement projects to enable a lean procurement organization, such as implementing a ticketing system, develop KPIs and SLAs. Work closely with finance to integrate procurement process with the Netsuite purchase requisition and purchase order process
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 15 years in procurement with at least 5 as the leader
- Proven experience as a hard negotiator and achieving best in class results
- Highly collaborative and strong desire to learn the business and fully understand business needs
- Very analytical and process and data driven
- Contract database software
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.