Would you like to join one of the fastest growing startups in the world? Talkdesk – the recent winner of the Cloud CRM Solution of 2015/16 – is the world’s leading cloud-based call center software provider. We have awesome investors (DFJ, Salesforce Ventures and Storm Ventures), are in a $22B market that is ripe for disruption and boast an impressive roster of customers including Box, Dropbox, Anki, DoorDash, Edmunds and Qualys. We’re looking for a world-class Director of Sales Enablement to help us continue on our hyper-growth trajectory and shape the future of Talkdesk.
The Director of Sales Enablement will be responsible for owning the processes and activities that enable Talkdesk’s Sales teams to operate effectively. In this role, you will work closely with our VPs of Field and Inside Sales. This role is new at Talkdesk and we will expect you to work with the current team and hire new members to deliver on our aggressive sales goals.
The goal for our new Sales Enablement team is to own any initiative that will help Talkdesk sell more, be more productive and reduce ramp time for new sales team members. Below are some areas we would like you to focus on, but we also expect you to drive an agenda that will achieve these goals.
- Develop a comprehensive onboarding plan (bootcamp) and continuous training program for Sales team members (Sales Engineers, Inside Sales AEs, Field AEs, SDRs, and Sales Managers)
- Partner with Sales Leadership to create the enablement plan with clear deliverables
- Work with our Sales Operations team to further develop and maintain KPIs, dashboards, and reporting to improve onboarding and continuous training of Sales team members
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the sales process and to assist Sales Management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies
- Act as a liaison/partner between Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR and other internal stakeholders
- Work with Finance, HR and Sales Management to provide assistance with sales incentive programs and compensation planning in order to increase sales productivity
- Develop and document the processes, standards, and rules of engagement that direct how Talkdesk’s sales staff conducts specific tasks and engages with prospects
- In conjunction with Sales Leadership and Sales Operations, establish and manage to a sales policy which establishes how Talkdesk deals with key issues that affect members of the Sales team (i.e., role definition, organization structure, territory definition, account definition, parent/subsidiary account ownership, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proven leadership and management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid experience with B2B SaaS sales and business fundamentals
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.