The Director of Sales Enablement will be responsible for owning the processes and activities that enable Talkdesk’s Sales teams to operate effectively. In this role, you will work closely with our VPs of Field and Inside Sales. This role is new at Talkdesk and we will expect you to work with the current team and hire new members to deliver on our aggressive sales goals.
At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk takers; we don't follow a traditional way of doing things, and we will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences and exceeds customer expectations. From humble beginnings - born from a hackathon in 2011 - to becoming one of the fastest-growing and most well-respected companies in the world, Talkdesk is revolutionizing the contact center industry. With more than $124 million in funding and 1,800+ customers, we are a bold, ambitious hyper-growth company on a journey unlike any other. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
The goal for our new Sales Enablement team is to own any initiative that will help Talkdesk sell more, be more productive and reduce ramp time for new sales team members. Below are some areas we would like you to focus on, but we also expect you to drive an agenda that will achieve these goals.
- Develop a comprehensive onboarding plan (bootcamp) and continuous training program for Sales team members (Sales Engineers, Inside Sales AEs, Field AEs, SDRs, and Sales Managers)
- Partner with Sales Leadership to create the enablement plan with clear deliverables
- Work with our Sales Operations team to further develop and maintain KPIs, dashboards, and reporting to improve onboarding and continuous training of Sales team members
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the sales process and to assist Sales Management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies
- Act as a liaison/partner between Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR and other internal stakeholders
- Work with Finance, HR and Sales Management to provide assistance with sales incentive programs and compensation planning in order to increase sales productivity
- Develop and document the processes, standards, and rules of engagement that direct how Talkdesk’s sales staff conducts specific tasks and engages with prospects
- In conjunction with Sales Leadership and Sales Operations, establish and manage to a sales policy which establishes how Talkdesk deals with key issues that affect members of the Sales team (i.e., role definition, organization structure, territory definition, account definition, parent/subsidiary account ownership, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proven leadership and management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid experience with B2B SaaS sales and business fundamentals
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.