The Director of Tax will report directly to the Vice President, Corporate Controller. You will oversee all tax-related matters on a worldwide basis, including income tax accounting, tax compliance, and tax planning and strategy. This role will require a technical hands-on candidate that is detail oriented, with strong organizational and communication skills. This position will be crucial in guiding the team at Talkdesk through strategic tax planning, compliance-related projects and audit readiness. The ideal candidate is a big-picture, strategic thinker with a roll-up their sleeves and execute mindset, strong technical and analytical skills, and demonstrated acumen and experience in both U.S. and international tax. This is a key leadership role and will require collaboration globally across Finance, Legal, Sales, Operations, and cross-functional leadership teams.
At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk takers; we don't follow a traditional way of doing things, and we will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences and exceeds customer expectations. From humble beginnings - born from a hackathon in 2011 - to becoming one of the fastest-growing and most well-respected companies in the world, Talkdesk is revolutionizing the contact center industry. With more than $124 million in funding and 1,800+ customers, we are a bold, ambitious hyper-growth company on a journey unlike any other. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
- Responsible for all aspects of U.S. and international tax compliance
- Responsible for global tax planning, including implementation of a transfer pricing mechanism.
- Responsible for review and oversight and accounting for income taxes under US GAAP, and manage preparation of the consolidated income tax provision under ASC 740.
- Develop and implement a global tax strategy and structure as we continue to expand our global footprint.
- Design critical tax accounting policies and processes and implement technology improvements related to tax compliance and reporting.
- Responsible for sales/use/VAT tax compliance
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 internal controls over tax accounting and reporting.
- Forecasting and analysis of quarterly and annual effective tax rates, for accounting, business planning, and investor relations purposes.
- Collaborate with Finance, Legal, and Operations on International Expansion
- Collaborate with external tax advisors located worldwide to implement global tax strategies.
- Provide guidance on proposed and enacted tax legislation, keeping abreast of tax law changes in the US and foreign jurisdictions to manage risk and identify potential planning opportunities
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting emphasis preferred; CPA required
- 5+ years of Big 4 accounting firm audit experience
- 5+ years experience with multinational corporate tax department
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting for income taxes
- SaaS experience, International Accounting, Global consolidation and stock compensation knowledge strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to express complex issues and recommendations to Business leaders.
- Track record of managing service providers to ensure work is completed on time, with quality, and on budget.
- Excellent conflict management skills at all levels in the organization as well as an effective and resilient stress manager.
- Demonstrated experience with monthly and quarterly close
- System savvy with implementation experience; Netsuite experience strongly preferred
- Proactive and independent – must be eager to drive best practices, initiatives, and continuous process improvement
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.