At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
At Talkdesk as a Data Scientist, you will be creating the future of customer interactions. You will be tapping into data about human communication to find ways to improve day to day life for everybody who ever needed customer support, i.e., people like you.
- Research and develop data driven prototypes for engineering adoption.
- Probability and statistics, exploratory data analysis, linear regression, hypothesis testing.
- Develop highly reliable and scalable systems that go into real products.
- Designing state of the art data science algorithms and machine learning modules.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Experience programming production code in C# or Python.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL queries.
- Experience and insight into statistical and machine learning models such as regressions, Markov, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, convolutional networks, deep learning, graphs, LDA, SVM.
- Experience with time series analysis
- Experience with machine learning tools, open source packages, or services (e.g. Mallet, Tensor Flow, SageMaker).
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
Nice to have / Pluses:
- Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML or H20, Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Kafka.
- Experience working in an agile software environment.
- Experience with unit testing and integration testing.
- Experience with patents applications and research papers.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.