Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win in 2011 and has since become one of the fastest-growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled billions of customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,800+ customers from IBM, Acxiom, Discovery Education, and Peloton, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
At Talkdesk as a Data Scientist, you will be creating the future of customer interactions. You will be tapping into data about human communication to find ways to improve day to day life for everybody who ever needed customer support, i.e., people like you.
- Research and develop data driven prototypes for engineering adoption.
- Probability and statistics, exploratory data analysis, linear regression, hypothesis testing.
- Develop highly reliable and scalable systems that go into real products.
- Designing state of the art data science algorithms and machine learning modules.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Experience programming production code in C# or Python.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL queries.
- Experience and insight into statistical and machine learning models such as regressions, Markov, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, convolutional networks, deep learning, graphs, LDA, SVM.
- Experience with time series analysis
- Experience with machine learning tools, open source packages, or services (e.g. Mallet, Tensor Flow, SageMaker).
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
Nice to have / Pluses:
- Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML or H20, Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Kafka.
- Experience working in an agile software environment.
- Experience with unit testing and integration testing.
- Experience with patents applications and research papers.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.