Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win and within five years has become one of the fastest growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled 100,000,000+ customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,400+ customers from Peloton, IBM, Wounded Warriors Project, and MongoDB, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
Have you evolved from being a great engineer to a manager? Have you been waiting for your opportunity to work for one of the hottest new tech companies in Portugal and Silicon Valley? We would love to have you on board!
As an engineering manager at Talkdesk we expect you to deliver a great product on time and with quality. You will manage one or several teams being responsible for making them happy and productive while managing their careers.
- Create and own the strategic implementation plan for the team, working closely with product management and other stakeholders.
- Mentor and grow a world-class team capable of taking on increasingly more challenging projects
- Identify roadblocks, dependencies and other issues and work with the team to resolve these issues
- Coordinate resources to consistently deliver high quality software on time, within budget and with the required functionality
- Determine process improvements and implement changes as necessary
- Undertake special projects and support other team initiatives as needed
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technologies and business needs
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems with 24/7 operations of infrastructure systems
- Demonstrate a track record of managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development. You inspire your team to reach higher.
- Excel at planning and executing complex multi-team products, creating teams and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability
- Experience implementing tools, processes, internal instrumentation, methodologies and resolving blockages
- Comfortable managing teams and products with tight deadlines and short release cycles
- Willing to have a hands-on approach to start
- Solid understanding of relevant technology and tools including APIs, cloud solutions and programming language
- BA/BS in engineering or a related discipline required
- MBA is a bonus point
- Foster a common vision, setting an overall organizational direction
- Enhance communication being a contact point to the relevant stakeholders & interest groups
- Communicates actively with the team empowering them to make well informed decision
- Acts as a contact point to the relevant stakeholders & interest groups
- Design the team and its organizational context
- Recruit, interview and hire new team-members
- Actively contributes to implementation of company wide processes, strategies culture and values
- Contributes to processes, methods and tools definitions and selections, such as:
- Performance Feedback
- Career Path
- Training Plan
- Provide support and assistance to teams: be prompt and proactive in helping remove organizational impediments that are harming team's ability to be effective
- Coaching and mentoring individuals in a continuous improvement path
- Provide mentorship and career development advice
- Provide feedback on Performance results
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.