At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
Talkdesk is currently looking for a QA Automation Engineer to work with our Engineering, Product, Support and Customer Success teams and to have the responsibility to keep our platform and services working at full steam. For this particular role, you’ll need to have a good knowledge of how each team works and how they interact with one another.
A day at Talkdesk for a QA Automation Engineer:
- Working as a team (by this we mean working with your designated team) focusing on working and analyzing of requirements, active participation in SCRUM ceremonies; updating and creating user stories;
- Helping engineers in pinpointing issues that are observed throughout our product and deliver solutions that will help solve this issue;
- Able to write and read bug reports and have to make the deadlines in the sprints;
- Provide a good description on the bug issues to our developers by using several tools (i.e. Written reports, visual queues like videos, images and so on);
- Work with Support and Customer Success team to identify high-impact bugs and coordinate fixes with the engineering team.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field;
- 3+ years of QA automation for web based applications;
- Be able to drive, define, and lead QA processes and team members;
- Strong knowledge & experience with automation tools across the QA test pyramid levels;
- Understand the bug lifecycle (Analyzing - Reporting - Testing - Checking);
- Knowledge in User Stories gathering and analysis;
- Ability to identify business risks from written requirements (user stories);
- Experience in creating Test plans and Cases;
- Creativity & out-of-the-box thinking in designing new ideas to find bugs is important. Standard QA processes won’t always work at Talkdesk;
- Be able to work as a team-player and be able to synergise with other teams;
- QA Mindset: They build stuff, you break stuff and love it;
- Detail-oriented Person;
- C1 or equivalent level of English Proficiency
- Degree in Computer Science or similar area of study;
- Experience working under SCRUM environments;
- ISTQB Foundation Certification;
- Understanding of Automation Processes.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.