At Talkdesk we are disruptive risk-takers. We don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
APAC Senior GL Accountant
Talkdesk is seeking a highly qualified Senior Accountant for the APAC region as a key member of the Finance and Accounting team. Reporting to the International Accounting Senior Manager, the APAC Senior GL Accountant will be responsible for managing the full spectrum accounting of the subsidiaries in the region.
- Responsible for managing the full spectrum accounting of the subsidiaries in the APAC region.
- Liaise with the local tax and accounting firms to ensure compliance with the local requirements.
- Prepare month-end entries and reconciliations for all the balances.
- Review payroll prepared by the local payroll firms before payments.
- Work on internal control and process improvement projects.
- Implement, document and maintain effective workflows to improve the close process and ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Assist finance team with other transactions, operations and accounting as required.
- Perform ad hoc finance research and reporting.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum BA Degree required in Accounting, Business or Economics concentration.
- Required Skills: Analytical, Attention to Detail, Reliable, Excellent Verbal and Written Communication.
- 4-5 years in Accounting and/or Financial Audit required.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles and internal controls.
- Prior experience with a SaaS company and start up experience preferred.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Mandarin is a plus.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Works well under pressure and managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Attention to detail.
- Experience with Netsuite software preferred.
- Proven experience with entities operating in China is required.
- Experience with entities operating in Singapore and Australia is a plus.
Competencies (Attributes Needed To Be Successful In This Role)
- Functional/Technical Expertise
- Learning Abilities/Tech Savvy
- Team Player
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.