Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win in 2011 and has since become one of the fastest-growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled billions of customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,800+ customers from IBM, Acxiom, Discovery Education, and Peloton, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
- Manage the strategy and execution of corporate events, sponsorships, and oversee field events
- Manage a growing team of 2 event marketers
- Work with and present to leadership on event content, strategy, execution, and performance
- Oversee the management of all external vendors (hotel, registration, production, catering) through contract negotiation, food and beverage selection, A/V production, function space allocation, entertainment, security, event load in and load out, and signage
- Translate the events strategy into a corporate marketing events plan that encompasses awareness, education, and evangelism across Talkdesk’s prospect, and customer base
- Execute on the plan by coordinating all aspects of the event or activity - from venue to agenda and driving participation
- Represent and evangelize Talkdesk at conferences, trade shows, and internal events
- Establish and proactively manage the corporate events budget and execute events successfully within budget
- Measure, report, and optimize ROI on event investments
- Oversee and manage Opentalk, the Talkdesk annual industry-thought leadership event
- Proactively work with sales and business development organization to ensure alignment with goals and collaborative engagement to meet event meeting and pipeline goals
- Work collaboratively across the marketing organization to align evangelism with events -- including AR, PR, Content, Social and Product Marketing
- Identify new opportunities to sponsor events that are aligned with Talkdesk’s brand values and customer audience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience
- 7+ years experience managing event large-scale events
- Experience managing a small team
- Experience in event planning and management, including speaker outreach and vendor relationships
- Excellent negotiator, with a nose for great customer support
- Working knowledge of other service-oriented roles, including space management, audio/visual, decor and entertainment, signage, housing, and speaker management
- Amazing communicator with high attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated success at driving pipeline from events & partner marketing for a software / SaaS company
- Proficiency with Marketo and SFDC a plus
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to streamline the process to ensure successful execution of large-scale event investments
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.