Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win in 2011 and has since become one of the fastest-growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled billions of customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,800+ customers from IBM, Acxiom, Discovery Education, and Peloton, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Senior Vice President of Finance will be a key business partner to the CEO and senior leadership team. They will be key in developing and executing Talkdesk’s strategic and financial plans. In this role, you will be responsible for all financial activities including: Accounting and Financial Planning and Analysis. You will ensure that Talkdesk has the proper financial and accounting tech stack, processes and controls to partner with the business effectively, and is prepared for an IPO within the next 24 months. You should have exceptional business acumen, leadership and prior experience taking a software company through an IPO.
- Lead and scale core accounting functions: financial planning and analysis, cash management, credit and collections, and budget/annual planning. Finance should be a business partner, supporting key decisions by producing financial models and making substantive recommendations.
- Optimize operational efficiency by implementing a financial and accounting tech stack to automate and optimize workflows and provide real time reporting with a high degree of data integrity.
- Leverage data to drive decisions and uncover new opportunities.
- Work cross functionally with the executive team as a strategic partner, focusing on long-term scalable solutions to solve business problems.
- Build and strengthen the processes and infrastructure needed for an IPO and the considerable growth of our business over the next five years. This includes public company-level reporting, forecasting, and process to ensure the business can operate effectively as a public company.
- Ability to craft and articulate a compelling story. You will represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly with investors, analysts, and with banking relationships.
- An architect who has either led the process of taking a fast-growing, complex SaaS company through an IPO, or someone who was the #2 person to the CFO
- The ability to strike a balance between managing the day-to-day finance function and influencing the strategic vision of the company
- Strong systems integration experience; aligning global marketing, sales, finance and customer success
- Experience both in implementing growth strategies and reporting on growth
- Understand the current and new accounting guidance and principles as well as how it will impact the business
- Financial reporting mindset to tell the organization what happened, why it happened and reveal what it means for the future
- Experience leading a highly effective finance and accounting organization with specific responsibility for driving the organization's fiscal performance
- Strong academic credentials required; an MBA is strongly preferred and a CPA is also a plus
- 15-20 years of experience in Finance and/or Accounting, including a minimum of 3-5 years in a senior management role
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.