Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win and within five years has become one of the fastest growing companies in the world, identified as a Visionary by Gartner, and enabled 100,000,000+ customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,400+ customers from Peloton, IBM, Wounded Warriors Project, and MongoDB, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
- Manage a global IT team spanning 6 offices between the US, Portugal, and London
- Promote Talkdesk’s organizational effectiveness by defining, delivering and maintaining strategic plans for implementing global information technologies
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Networking, the Internet and their workings (LAN, WAN, DNS, Security, IP Routing, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Configure and set up Firewalls, Network Switches and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Design and configure complex switching Layer 3 environments
- Design and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
- Configure and install client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems
- Provision and maintain third-party application licenses, service capacity planning and storage management
- Maintain multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities
- Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
- Respond to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and support
- Supervise the administration of systems and applications to ensure availability of services to authorized users
- Troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware, software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls
- Provide Tier 2/3 Desktop Support Escalation
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, or similar field
- 7+ years of information technology experience within a hypergrowth environment
- Experience managing global IT function
- Comprehensive understanding of, and ability to troubleshoot, network systems
- Experience managing and developing a team
- Solutions-focused and a proactive self-starter who is always looking for opportunities to improve the organization and solve problems
- Availability in response to needs of the user for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Salesforce.com Administration experience (desired)
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 experience (desired)
- Microsoft SharePoint experience (desired)
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.