Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win in 2011 and has since become one of the fastest growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled billions of customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,400+ customers from Peloton, IBM, Wounded Warriors Project, and MongoDB, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
Talkdesk is looking for Speech Recognition scientists to be part of the research team in speech and spoken language processing with a focus on phone conversation understanding systems, more specifically, building and improving the state-of-the-art in speech recognition (ASR); collaborating with other data science teams in Talkdesk, and working to deliver cutting-edge research to product teams across Talkdesk.
- Develop working solutions to difficult practical problems working with the product teams and other research teams
- Deliver state-of-the-art Automated Speech Recognition solution to a product team and transfer the knowledge and ability necessary to maintain the solution
- Research and build new datasets, audio processing pipelines, and machine learning models to address the ASR issues with a plethora of accents and languages, and noise and latency over VoIP and telecom lines.
- Ph.D. level degree with a specialization in speech recognition, signal processing, and machine learning
- Experience with experimental research, data collection, and analysis with scientific thinking
- Experience with existing ASR (such as Kaldi or CMU Sphinx)
- Experience with deep learning frameworks
- Fluency in one key language, preferably Python or C++
- Proven mathematical knowledge; understanding of machine learning, statistics
- Strong data-driven thinking.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.