Talkdesk is looking for Speech Recognition scientists to be part of the research team in speech and spoken language processing with a focus on phone conversation understanding systems, more specifically, building and improving the state-of-the-art in speech recognition (ASR); collaborating with other data science teams in Talkdesk, and working to deliver cutting-edge research to product teams across Talkdesk.
- Develop working solutions to difficult practical problems working with the product teams and other research teams.
- Deliver state-of-the-art Automated Speech Recognition solution to a product team and transfer the knowledge and ability necessary to maintain the solution.
- Research and build new datasets, audio processing pipelines, and machine learning models to address the ASR issues with a plethora of accents and languages, and noise and latency over VoIP and telecom lines.
- Ph.D. level degree with a specialization in speech recognition, signal processing, and machine learning.
- Experience with experimental research, data collection, and analysis with scientific thinking.
- Experience with existing ASR (such as Kaldi or CMU Sphinx).
- Experience with deep learning frameworks.
- Fluency in one key language, preferably Python or C++.
- Proven mathematical knowledge; understanding of machine learning, statistics.
- Strong data-driven thinking.