Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win in 2011 and has since become one of the fastest growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled billions of customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,400+ customers from Peloton, IBM, Wounded Warriors Project, and MongoDB, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
- Develop, deploy and maintain Big Data solutions that will ingest, process and store the necessary data to power Talkdesk’s Data Science, BI and Analytics solutions
- Design batch or streaming dataflows capable of processing large quantities of fast moving unstructured data
- Monitoring dataflows and underlying systems, promoting the necessary changes to ensure scalable, high performance solutions and assure data quality and availability
- Work closely with data scientists and the rest of Talkdesk’s engineering to deliver world class data driven solutions
- Strong understanding of distributed computing principles and with distributed systems
- Building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Spark-Streaming, Flink, Kafka Streams, Storm or similar
- Experience with Big Data processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark or Samza
- Good knowledge of Big Data analytical tools, such as Hive, Impala, Presto or Drill
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with traditional RDBMS and data modeling
- Experience with Data Warehouses and related concepts. Knowledge of Redshift or other Data Warehousing solutions
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, and HBase
- Knowledge of ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume
- Experience with messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
Nice to have / Pluses
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, or a similar area
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum
- Experience in securing data access through frameworks like Apache Sentry, AWS IAM, Kerberos or others
- Good understanding of Lambda and Kappa Architectures, along with their advantages and drawbacks
- Experience with Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks
- Management of Hadoop, Spark, Flink clusters with all included services.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.