Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win in 2011 and has since become one of the fastest-growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled billions of customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,800+ customers from IBM, Acxiom, Discovery Education, and Peloton, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
As a member of the EMEA Professional Services team, the Engagement Manager will lead key implementation projects for enterprise customers across the EMEA region. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to communicate well and multi-task under tight deadlines. You are a hands-on person, willing to work side-by-side with our Solutions Consultants to implement technical solutions that meet the customer’s expectations. Experience with SaaS and CRM solutions is an asset in this position. If you’re a team player and a problem-solver, we’d like to meet you.
- Serve as the primary technical point of contact for Talkdesk’s largest, most strategic customers
- Define and build scalable processes for 1) deploying Talkdesk technical features, and 2) solving complex technical issues, across the entire customer base
- Define project scope, schedule project activities, and integrate those into the broader project plan with the customer project manager(s)
- Engage with the Customer Success team to identify the following:
- Summarize customer complaints involving bugs, product roadmap and short term work arounds
- Develop scope and project plan related to agreed solution plan
- Overall management of open issues/projects and technical communication with Customers
- Develop trust with client leadership to remove project roadblocks and ensure project success.
- Work with customers to track work progress, and create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Understand customer use cases, formulate best practices, and document requirements (functional and technical) needed to address client needs
- Leverage strong technical acumen to identify process and technical solutions dynamically to unexpected situations.
- Conduct engaging demos of feature enhancements for new and existing customers
- Participate in the sales cycle as necessary to gather requirements, formulate delivery approach and develop a proposal/SOW
- Partner with internal teams such as Product, Support, etc. to assure timely delivery of feature requests, bug fixes and support requests
- 5-7 years of experience in Professional Services or Consulting, or 3-5 years of IT project management experience in a SaaS business
- A proven track record of managing and delivering IT projects for enterprise companies
- Engaging personality and possesses a true consulting approach and ability to communicate technical concepts to people of all backgrounds and skill levels
- A passion for helping people solve problems and proven ability to understand progressive technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Mature demeanor and positive attitude, as well as discretion and sensitivity when dealing with clients
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced startup environment
- PMP Certification or equivalent preferred
- Salesforce and other CRM experience preferred
- Travel requirement: up to 20%
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.