At Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win and within five years has become one of the fastest growing companies in the world, a Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startup, and has enabled 100,000,000+ customer interactions using our platform. With backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, and Storm Ventures, and supported by the successes of our 1,200+ customers from DoorDash, Box, Betterment to Shopify, Talkdesk is disrupting a $22 billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. We are hiring an Accounting Manager who will be responsible for the monthly and quarterly financial close process for both management and statutory accounts, developing internal accounting controls, as well as growing, managing and mentoring the accounting team.
The successful candidate for this position will report directly to our Head of Finance and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage, monitor and support the day to day accounting operations of the team
- Ensure the preparation of the monthly/quarterly management and statutory accounts and other financial information
- General Ledger bookings (Accruals/Prepayments/Fixed Assets) and coordinate month-end/year-end close processes
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements within set deadlines
- Maintain and enforce company accounting procedures, processes and policies
- Prepare Management Accounts Reporting Package
- Lead annual audit
- Overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters
- Ensure compliance with all internal processes
- Intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Accounting reconciliations as part of month-end/year-end close procedure
- Ensuring appropriate financial controls and procedures are in place and effective to improve efficiency
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field
- More than 2 years’ experience as an Accounting Manager and financial close experience, and over 5 years’ experience in finance areas
- Excellent management skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficiency with accounting software (preferably NetSuite) and experience with a software system implementation a plus
- Advanced knowledge of finance and generally accepted accounting principles
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and national and international regulations
- Able to interact with other departments and Head Office
- Team worker and ability to work under pressure
- High sense of responsibility and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English