Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win in 2011 and has since become one of the fastest growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled billions of customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,400+ customers from Peloton, IBM, Wounded Warriors Project, and MongoDB, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We are looking for Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) who can help us design, build, and maintain high-performance, scalable, and reliable services. As Talkdesk provides a Contact Center service, we play a very critical role in our Customer’s business operations and therefore need to provide a highly available and fault tolerant service.
We believe in a DevOps philosophy where every engineering team at Talkdesk should be responsible for the software they build and deploy and SREs play a critical role in ensuring that the teams have the tools, practices, and expertise to make that happen in a blame free culture.
Our mission is to improve developers’ experience by giving them the tools to manage the entire software lifecycle and to be self-sufficient.
To help with this we are building our own internal PaaS using the latest technologies like Kubernetes, Prometheus, Kotlin, Go and others. This platform will be an important pillar in Talkdesk’s engineering effort and will allow us to deliver better, faster and more reliable solutions for our customers.
- Design, build, harden, and maintain the core infrastructure used by all of Talkdesk’s engineering teams
- Have developer skills and mindset.
- Automate every aspect of our infrastructure to remove as much as possible any human intervention
- Develop effective tooling, alerts, and response to both identify and address reliability risks
- Drive and promote protocols on production readiness and operational excellence
- Participate in on-call rotation alongside other engineering teams (optional)
- Partner with product engineering teams to debug production outages and carry out action items to improve reliability of those systems
- Plan for growth of Talkdesk’s infrastructure.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Have the will to be a Jack-of-all-trades. You both love writing code and building infrastructure at scale.
- Bringing a developer mindset and applying it to infrastructure
- Know your way around a Linux/Unix systems.
- Some experience with Infrastructure as code tools like Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with a programming language such as Ruby, Go and JVM-based languages.
- Ability to identify time consuming and error prone manual tasks and then build tooling to automate them
- Understand large-scale complex systems from a reliability perspective
- Ability to identify root causes of instability in a large-scale distributed system, across stacks
- Hold yourself and others around you to higher stands when working with production
Nice to haves / Pluses:
- Experience with cloud-based solutions such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins and similar.
- Experience with technologies such as Docker, Consul, Vault, Jenkins, Nexus
- Experience with PaaS-like solutions such as Heroku, Kubernetes, AWS ECS or similar.
- Experience with configuration management software such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.