Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win and within five years has become one of the fastest growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled 100,000,000+ customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,400+ customers from Peloton, IBM, Wounded Warriors Project, and MongoDB, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our growing team of Data experts. The hire will be instrumental in helping designing, prototyping, and implementing data products. This full-stack role is focused on end-user development and requires close collaboration backend infrastructure engineers, data scientists, designers, and product management. This role calls for not just proof of concept build, but well versed in taking the proof of concept to a production environment for customer use. Is also expected that the hire improves the data science practice, techniques and scale the software development team experience.
- Work independently as well as in small teams to develop the best product on the market
- Implement a scalable, stable, and user-friendly product that can handle our current growth
- Collaborate with experienced software engineers in the design, development and maintenance stages of the Talkdesk product
- Collaborate with our front-end developers to enhance the user experience
- Collaborate with our support engineers and customer support representatives to understand our customers' needs, enhance Talkdesk usability and resolve technical issues
- Work well in a modern agile software engineering environment (with source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment)
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day; see an immediate impact of your work and value you created for customers
- Experience with at least one modern programming language such as Java, Scala, Python or Ruby.
- Knowledge if internal implementation of ML / NLP packages for R or Python, such as Scikit-Learn, Numpy, NLTK, Caret, RandomForest, Nnet, etc.
- Software engineering background with experience in OO programming and TDD
- Top-notch programming skills, ability to produce quality code that is maintainable, efficient, reliable and secure
- Familiar with Git, Ruby, RabbitMQ, Redis, MongoDB as a plus
- Analyze, design and develop tests
- Be fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.