Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win in 2011 and has since become one of the fastest-growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled billions of customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,800+ customers from IBM, Acxiom, Discovery Education, and Peloton, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
The Corporate Controller will report directly to the Vice President of Finance and serve as an integral member of the management team. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting operations including Global Consolidations, Treasury, General Ledger, Taxes, Insurance, AR/AP, Fixed Assets and Payroll, as well as managing of financial audits.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement close and related reporting; constantly drive improvements through automation. Oversee all corporate accounting activities ensuring compliance with GAAP, statutory guidelines and internal financial policies and procedures
- Lead the finance team through successful annual financial audits
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and internal controls and play a lead role in directing change initiatives and process improvements
- Recruit, manage and develop a strong, performance-oriented accounting organization, capable of actively and effectively engaging and growing with the business
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Ad hoc projects, as deemed necessary
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting emphasis preferred; CPA required
- 12+ years of relevant experience required, including 5+ years in an accounting leadership capacity at a public company, SaaS experience and advanced revenue recognition and stock compensation knowledge strongly preferred
- Experience in leading a company through an IPO process as a Corporate Controller
- Big 4 accounting firm audit experience
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to express complex issues and recommendations to executive and Board leaders.
- Excellent conflict management skills at all levels in the organization as well as an effective and resilient stress manager.
- Demonstrated experience with monthly and quarterly close
- System savvy with implementation experience; Netsuite experience strongly preferred
- Proactive and independent – must be eager to drive best practices, initiatives, and continuous process improvement
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.