Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win in 2011 and has since become one of the fastest-growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled billions of customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,800+ customers from IBM, Acxiom, Discovery Education, and Peloton, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
- Lead and manage general accounting and AP functions including day-to-day general ledger operations, period-end closing activities, supporting schedules/reconciliations etc., including areas such as accruals and A/P, payroll, bank, prepaids, intercompany, fixed assets, income tax and credit cards. P&L/Balance Sheet fluctuation analysis.
- Manage, researching, review and/or prepare journals for equity accounting and reviewing technical accounting memos when necessary (R&D Cap), as well as implementing new standards (e.g. ASC 842)
- Produce US GAAP compliant financial stamen including cash flow.
- Assist in the production of monthly and quarterly reports for management.
- Assist with coordination of financial statement audits, including reviewing documentation, preparing audit schedules, and facilitating conversations with the audit teams regarding questions, status, and other activities.
- Use accounting concepts, experience, analytical skills, and industry knowledge to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways, while preforming Accounting research and drafting memos.
- Lead, manage, mentor and train a team of direct reports fostering an environment of experimentation, innovation, collaboration, and personal growth within Tableau.
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional activities as a strategic business partner while building strong working relationships with internal and external teams including sales, marketing, legal, operations and finance, and external service providers.
- Participate in continuous process improvement to streamline, document and automate processes as well as enhance internal controls.
- Other Accounting projects/tasks and ad-hoc reporting
- Ability and desire to learn new programs quickly. Advanced Excel user; who loves working in Excel. Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce.com or comparable solutions.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with technical US GAAP, intercompany accounting and consolidation, and internal control development and documentation
- Known to make strategic decisions that will directly impact many areas of the company. Known to follow-up on outstanding questions and open issues in a timely and reliable manner.
- Detail oriented and highly organized. Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment and can multi-task and keep on top of priorities while accomplishing the details of the work.
- 3+ years of progressive high-tech industry experience in accounting
- 2+ years supervisory experience including hiring, mentoring and performance management with experience leading cross-functional teams in remote locations.
- Combination of public accounting firm and industry experience preferred, including experience at a publicly traded company, with a track record of success in innovation and achieving objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, preferably accounting, and CPA license
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.