Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win and within five years has become one of the fastest growing companies in the world, identified as a Visionary by Gartner, and enabled 100,000,000+ customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,400+ customers from Peloton, IBM, Wounded Warriors Project, and MongoDB, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
At Talkdesk as a Data Scientist, you will be creating the future of customer interactions. You will be tapping into data about human communication to find ways to improve day to day life for everybody who ever needed customer support, i.e., people like you.
- Work on large real world datasets using machine learning and statistical analysis tools to understand underlying structure, gain insights and explain them in clear and simple language;
- Data preparation, cleaning, and model training and evaluation;
- Research and develop data driven prototypes for engineering adoption;
- Research and propose new ways to extract value from data;
- Design and run experiments to improve the Talkdesk user experience;
- Develop highly reliable and scalable systems that go into real products;
- Designing state of the art data science algorithms and machine learning modules;
- Identifying and Integrating multiple data sources, cleaning data and making sure that data is consistent.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics;
- Strong knowledge of data analysis fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms;
- Experience with machine learning and/or statistical analysis techniques;
- Experience with distributed databases and query languages like SQL, CQL or Pig;
- Programming experience with languages such as Python or C#;
- Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms;
- Experience and insight into statistical and machine learning models such as regressions, Markov, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, convolutional networks, deep learning, graphs, LDA, SVM;
- Experience with machine learning tools and open source packages (e.g. Mallet, Tensor Flow);
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
Nice to have / Pluses:
- Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML or H2O, Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Kafka;
- Experience working with distributed systems and NoSQL technologies;
- Experience with Amazon Redshift/Snowflake;
- Good understanding of Lambda and Kappa Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks;
- Experience with Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks;
- Big Data Processing.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.