It’s 2018, business is happening in the cloud and your contact center needs to reflect that. If you’re still relying on rigid, on-prem tools like hard phones and complicated code to handle communication with customers and prospects, you’re missing out on all of the exciting new innovations that cloud technology allows. To discuss some of the benefits of these cloud-based vs. on-prem contact centers, Talkdesk hosted contact center industry expert Sheila McGee-Smith for a webinar. Here’s a quick overview of what she covered:
Sign up for CX and call center insights delivered weekly to your inbox.
Speakers: Sheila McGee Smith – Founder and Principal Analyst, McGee-Smith Analytics and Folia Grace – Vice President of Marketing, Talkdesk.
1. You’ll decrease operational costs and increase operational agility – Legacy contact centers inhibit flexibility and make it difficult to integrate with new technology systems. Moving to a cloud-based contact center limits the time, effort and dollars that it takes to integrate with other business tools while making it easier than ever to adjust your strategy. The new generation of tools like Talkdesk mean companies can be set up no time and can be reconfigured as often as your strategy changes, allowing you to stay responsive to your customers.
2. You’ll be able to manage multiple contact center locations seamlessly from anywhere – With the exception of very small businesses, companies today needs to support customers and prospects on a global scale. Contact centers need to offer 24-hour support in multiple languages and have local experts in any geography where they expect to do business. Legacy providers make it difficult to add new members, requiring new hardware for every agent and an implementation specialist to set everything up. With a modern contact center, new users can be added in a handful of clicks and all they need to get started is a computer and an internet connection.
3. You can adopt new capabilities as they emerge – An on-prem contact center makes updates infrequently, which limits their customers’ ability to communicate via new channels. Cloud contact centers adapt to the way that customers want to communicate by adopting channels that companies offer in the contact center as they emerge. Just as smartphones enabled traditional telephones to do so much more than just voice support, modern contact centers need to adapt to the new technology and channels to extend capabilities beyond just phone calls.
4. You’ll get ahead of the artificial intelligence and cloud software technology curve – There’s a new industrial revolution taking place that is fueled by artificial intelligence. This revolution is producing a new wave of better business outcomes, including faster order processing, better customer satisfaction and more online activity. On-prem solutions don’t utilize this technology to its full extent and are notoriously slow at adding new capabilities for agents and customers.
5. You’ll be amazed at how easy Implementation is in the cloud – Cloud-based contact centers like Talkdesk offer extremely easy implementation that can be completed in a matter of days or weeks instead of months. Initial setup and ongoing administration is codeless, requiring a few simple clicks to make adjustments. With one-click integrations and easy automation setup, your cloud contact solution can match the benefits of an on-prem setup in no time.
To learn more about these five reasons and how Talkdesk can bring your contact center up to customer speed, view the entire webinar. If you want to explore some of the other Talkdesk webinars, click the button below.